Twitter Facebook +Syprett Meshad RSS
(941) 365-7171 or (800) 969-5000

Relocation of a Parent

Once a domestic relations case has been resolved, circumstances may arise where one parent or the other desires to relocate his or her principal place of residence along with the minor child(ren). Such situation is commonly referred to as a relocation case. Relocation with a child is governed by Florida Statutes §61.13001. This statute sets forth a procedure to be followed when a parent would like to relocate with the child(ren) and also sets forth a number of factors the court should, in the event the parties are unable to agree, consider when deciding whether the relocation should be allowed. Once a case is resolved, a number of reasons can arise making it desirable for a parent to relocate with the child(ren) and our Family Law attorneys can assist you in all stages of a relocation case, from beginning to end.